Whether it’s whim or need, custom kitchen tables are a great way to showcase an artistic mind. For the most part of furniture shopping, people tend to settle for what stores have to offer. Sure, there are options for colours, material or size but if you’re looking for something specific, custom-made is the only way to go.
For custom-made furniture, expect to spend more compared to ready-made furniture from the stores. You’ll be paying for materials, labour and craftsmanship. But the good thing is, you end up with furniture that will better serve its purpose in your home.
Benefits of having custom kitchen tables
- You get high quality kitchen tables. Customized tables mean you can pick what material it is made from. If you intend it to be very solid and sturdy, you can have it commissioned to be made from oak or any other hardwood available. The choices for materials are plenty; you can go for wood, metal or even glass.
- It can be made in unique sizes or shapes. If you’re filling out an irregularly shaped space in your home, custom made furniture allows you to specify exact measurements for height, width and length to fit perfectly into the space.
- It can cater to artistic ideas. Customized tables can be designed with intricate patterns, carved into strange figures or painted with different colours. The possibilities are endless and the only thing to worry about is getting the right person to make the designs.
- It provides what you need. For a family who has 9 or 12 members, one can have a table made to accommodate all the family members. Ready-made kitchen tables that can accommodate large numbers of people are hard to find and comes in very few designs.
Finding a unique design for your kitchen table can come from the need to have something that will match the whole theme of the kitchen’s interior design or simply from the requirements you need from the table. But basically when looking to having a custom-made kitchen table, you’ll have to start with a few steps.
- Define what you need. Have your measurements ready and a draft of the design you’re going for.
- Find a craftsman that can make your design. Ask around; ask for recommendations from friends or furniture shops. Finding the right person to make your table or furniture depends highly on the type of material you intend to use. You’ll find that an expert in glasswork may not be an expert in woodwork as well.
- Discuss the budget for the project. Your craftsman will have a better idea of how much you’ll be spending overall for materials and labour so you can prepare the necessary funds.
- Explain your design. Discuss the details you want up until the smallest aspect of the table. You’re paying more for custom-made so you might as well get what you really want.
- Show the craftsman the space where the tables will be put so he can make his own measurements. When he has everything he needs, close the deal and have a timeframe worked out for the delivery of your custom kitchen tables.