The kitchen towel holder doesn’t get much credit for its purpose. For some, they don’t even bother to have on in their kitchens. But those who spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking meals or simply doing work in the dining area understand the importance of having a kitchen towel ready. People who are organized know that this insignificant accessory in the kitchen contributes in de-cluttering your kitchen.
It rarely goes noticed. It’s not a centre piece or the main attraction in anyone’s kitchen. It’s like something extra you throw in just to have one in a kitchen. Even when shopping for one, it hardly takes a lot of effort to find one for your kitchen either.
It’s a useful accessory to hang your towel in. Mostly, it’s located very near to the sink as it is commonly used for drying hands after washing. The common places people put their towel holders are the following:
- Oven Door: The most common place you’ll ever find a kitchen towel, oven handles are made with the same width as the oven door so it’s a good place to hang a towel.
- Refrigerator door handle: Same as the oven door, it comes with the refrigerator. It doesn’t need a lot of thinking since there’s an available hanging place for the towel.
- Drawer Pull: This is used for drawers situated beside or below the kitchen sink.
- Wall-mounted towel racks: You’ll find these on either side of the sink. Usually on the backsplash just a few inches above the faucet.
- Kitchen cabinet doors: Doesn’t help much in aesthetic value but some people use cabinet doors as towel holders.
- Adhesive-backed holders: These come in different designs and are located similarly to wall-mounted towel racks.
- Over-cabinet doors or Over-the-door hooks: These are accessories attached over a cabinet just beneath the sink.
- Counter-top towel trees: This type of holder is usually placed on top a counter or table. It can be placed near the sink or near the prep area.
- Cook hook: Some people want to have the kitchen towel attached to their clothes. This kind of towel holder can be hooked on jeans or other garments.
Help organize with a kitchen towel holder
The kitchen is one of the most cluttered rooms in a house. Every cooking person knows how much stuff you can find in kitchen drawers. Open the cabinets and you will find storage containers, pots and pans, utensils, glassware and so much more.
So even with a small accessory like a towel holder, you can help keep things organized in the kitchen. It’s not as useless as most people think. Common practice for most people is to wash their hands frequently when in the kitchen. Without a towel present, you’ll either be wiping at the back of your shirt, pants or not at all. Unless you want to have your floor wet all the time, it’s best to have a kitchen towel holder in your kitchen despite the minor contribution it does in keeping the place clean.